Even though we already have established that Germany is not a third world country, there are some things that an American girl can miss while overseas. My friends asked for a list of what I "need" and here is what I said:
1. Tampax Pearl- Yes, this list is prioritized.
2. Secret Sheer Dry Solid Deodorant- I haven't found any antiperspirants only deodorants so far. Why mask a smell when you can prevent the sweat?
3. Aveeno Aerosol Sunscreen SPF 50+- Go ahead laugh it up! Red heads understand...
4.Bath and Body Works Stress Relief Eucalyptus Mint Shower Gel/Bubble Bath and Body Lotion (Not in the glass bottle)- A former Teacher Appreciation gift gone addiction.
5. Clorax Bleach Pen- A request from the creative lady over at Cut and Tear who will hopefully give us ladies an art museum tour of some of Munich's finest works.
6. Pure Vanilla, Pure Almond, and Peppermint Extract- Husband and I might not have enough food to last 3 months in the event of a Y2K type episode, but I'm working hard to create my Extract stock pile.
7. Packets of Concord Foods Banana Smoothie Mix- I just really wanted something from Wal-Mart to remind me of those crazy shopping trips back home.
8. Packets of Ranch Dressing- I have pinned just way too many recipes on Pinterest that call for this stuff!
9. Flea Market Style Magazine- It's like Pinterest but on glossy paper.
It is interesting to realize the things you miss when they are no longer easily within reach. Sure I can live without the items and no I don't really "need" them but they sure would be nice to have again. As Fraulein Maria sang, these are a few of my favorite things! I wonder what would be on your list?
American Woman Signing Out,