Thursday, October 30, 2014

Friday Favorites: Happy Halloween!


It's here! Not just Friday but Halloween! Today is what I consider the starting point for the three big holiday seasons; Halloween, Thanksgiving, and then Christmas.

Are you busy today putting the final touches on some scary costumes or busy preparing a monster of a meal? If so, I'm glad you are taking the time to take a look at some of my Friday Favorites!

1. Easiest Cheese Puffs Ever
Monday, I found the recipe for "The Easiest Cheese Puffs Ever" on a blog link up. I practically ran to the store to pick up two different cheeses and made the cheese puffs that very night! 
They really are the easiest cheese puffs ever! I made half the batch seasoned with paprika and the other half with garlic powder. These would be perfect dipping in tomato soup! 
One of the issues with working full time and blogging is that I miss a lot of the "natural" lighting. By the time I get home it is already dark outside. I find my best photos are in the morning or evening as the sun sets.
Monday night I worked on some photography metering.  I used the cheese puffs as my subject!

2. Maelu Cafe
For nearly three years, I have walked past a beautiful storefront window filled with colorful macaroons. Maelu is a French inspired bakery known for their luxurious cakes and exotic flavors.
Tuesday, I met two of my favorite people there for cake and coffee. I had a passion fruit cake and it was one of the better cakes I have ever had in Munich! It was extremely creamy with an infused center filling. 

3. Ladies of Leisure
I could spend hours talking to these two ladies about everything creative, traveling, education, Munich, and all matters really! It is always a great day when we get together for coffee! Afterwards, we did a bit of shopping around Odeonsplatz. 

3. New Sweater for Fall

Product Detail | H&M DE

After coffee and cake, the girls and I did a little bit of shopping around Odeonsplatz. I picked up this thick knitted mustard sweater from H&M for 20 Euros. It is the perfect amount of baggy and comfort that I need to wear with my skinny jeans and Uggs. I'm not sure a kindergarten teacher should wear it with this pictured skirt...

4. Sunday Skype 
Sundays Husband and I spend the evenings skyping with both of our families. This past weekend my mom and I tried a new thing, we called my brother in on our conversation. It was so cool to chat together but we were definitely missing my dad! Don't we look like the Brady Bunch here?
My brother gave us a Skype tour of his coffee cart. That's right folks, a coffee cart! Cups on the bottom, coffee beans in the middle, and coffee makers on the top. I think I need a cart dedicated to just coffee! 

5. Spider Cupcakes
Let's end this Friday Favorites on a Halloween note. In celebration, my kindergartners are decorating spider cupcakes. The cupcakes will look something like the picture above. Thursday, we baked Chocolate Cupcakes and the kids are so excited to decorate these sweet treats today! We are using Chocolate Buttercream Frosting, pretzel sticks, and round candies for the eyes. It's going to be a spoooky snack!

Well guys, my goal this month was to blog every week day in October. I am proud to announce I was successful in reaching this goal!Once I got started and into a writing routine it went pretty smoothly. 

My German courses will be starting back up in November so let's see if I am able to keep up with the writing!

Now I want to know...
Do you have any special treats prepared for tonight?

Are you staying home passing out candy, going trick or treating with the kids, or turning out the lights and drawing the blinds?!

Husband and I will be at home catching up on our favorite TV shows hoping for at least one trick or treater! 

Happy Halloween,
Today I am happy to link up my Friday Favorites here.
Momfessionals

1 comment:

  1. I want to go to that bakery!! If I ever come to Munich, I'm there!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments! I enjoy reading each and every one.