Monday, December 15, 2014

I'll Be Home for Christmas


Hello World! I have completely dropped the ball blogging this month. Time is flying and we have been crazy busy. I was so excited when family came to visit at the beginning of the month and this past weekend we were completely wrapped up in spending time at the Christmas markets with good friends. Not to mention...
WE ARE GOING HOME ON THURSDAY!!!!!

Two work days, laundry, German taxes (vomit), and an international flight is all that stands between now and the time when my feet will hit Texas soil. 

Our first meal? A big bowl of Blue Bell Peppermint ice cream!

We will finally meet our new nephew and help our niece celebrate her first birthday! 

I've also heard that one of my best friends had a baby over the summer. Are we really old enough to be mothers?! I'm pretty sure we were just nervously asking our dates to Winter Formal (MORP) with Christmas ornaments and puzzles. Can't wait to meet the little man she keeps WhatsApping me photos of every week. <3 My arms will be full during this visit!

AND...two years is way too long to go without a spin around the dance floor. Husband and I met dancing (I really should share this story sometime!) so we are long overdue for some honky-tonk good times. Cowboy boots are now on my packing list! 

That is all just this weekend. Trips home are not slow-paced. When you have been out of the country for 12 months, visits at home are typically jam packed with family events, lunches with friends, restocking of favorite products, and bellies full of Tex-Mex/BlueBell/BBQ/BlueBell/Fried Chicken/BlueBell. The time is always WAY too short and in the blink of an eye we are sitting back on the runway heading back over the sea.  

I am so thankful we have the opportunity to be home for Christmas and get back to our roots. I may even let my Texas accent lay on a little heavier than I do in Munich, Germany! 

Laundry's Calling,



1 comment:

  1. Enjoy the holidays Maren!!
    And eat as much blue bell ice cream as you can!! (I plan on doing the same - with chipotle - when i fly home in March)
    Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments! I enjoy reading each and every one.