Thursday, January 29, 2015

Friday Favorites: Let It Snow


Happy Friday to you....Happy Friday to you... Happy Friday dear Readers, Happy Friday to you. Are you singing?! It's the weekend!!! (well almost.)

Today I am linking up with Andrea to bring you all the fun and my Friday Favorites!

Eins: Snowy Mornings
Munich, Germany

The snow does not ever get old. Granted we live in an area where it snows off and on throughout the season. There is something rejuvenating about taking a morning walk with the rising sun, crisp air, and a fresh blanket of snow. This week I got to enjoy several mornings with such a view and it is my number one favorite this week!

Zwei: The Berenstain Bears

The Berenstain Bears are some of my favorite books to read aloud in the classroom. I just have the best time imitating Papa, Mama, Brother, and Sister Bear. Hello, suppressed southern accent! I remember being engrossed with the illustrations as a kid in the doctor's office. Now it does not surprise me to find my kindergartners almost too quiet, sifting through a box of these books for time on end. 

Drei: Sunday Hikes

Garmisch-Partenkirchen, Germany

Sunday, Husband and I drove an hour into the German Alps to take in the winter scenery. We took Shelby Dog and enjoyed the afternoon hiking through the land and down into a frozen gorge. It was like an ice exhibit except made by Mother Nature. How did a Texas girl fall so in love with these mountain scenes? You can see more of our winter photos here

Vier: Toasted Corn
Toasted Corn

Last Saturday, Husband and I headed to our local grocery store. Every week we hit up the dried fruits aisle and this time I was shocked to find a bag of toasted corn sitting among the bottom shelf. Corn Nuts is not a product easily found in Germany unless imported with a huge mark up. When we tried the toasted corn, it was like biting into a crunchy Frito kernel. Next time we make chili, I'm garnishing with these babies. 

Funf: Snowy Evenings

Snowy mornings might be peaceful but snowy evenings are exciting. Tuesday evening the snow came down thick and I was covered after my walk from work. Luckily, my parka is a great coat and more often I am sweating than I am cold!

Do your kids read and love The Berenstain Bears?

What are your favorite winter activities?
We need suggestions for this weekend!

Stay Warm,


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your comments! I enjoy reading each and every one.