Thursday, January 22, 2015

Friday Favorites: Sweet Warm Moments


It's Friday. Thank.good.ness. I thought about making plans for this evening but after a BUSY week a glass of wine, my Ninja Turtle pj pants, and take out curry is just what Friday night ordered. And if we are being total honest...an 8 p.m. bedtime is highly likely.

Alright let's get to those Friday Favorites! I'm linking up with Andrea to bring you all the fun!
1.Eins: Candy Cane Hershey's Kisses
Hershey's Candy Cane Kisses

If you've tried these before then I really don't need to explain them. During Target's After Christmas Clearance I picked up a bag of these Candy Cane Hershey's Kisses for 30% off. Then I stowed the bag away safely in my suitcase and flew these kisses across the ocean. That's love folks. I've been enjoying a few of these sweet treats each evening and my trashcan is full of those tiny foil wrappers. Shh...don't tell Wellness Wednesday.

2.Zwei: Funny Kitchen Print
"They see me rollin', they hatin'" kitchen poster #KateWishlist

I love when I get an email from Pinterest that someone has sent me a pin! It is also fun to run across a pin that reminds me of a friend and send it to them. My mother in law found this funny kitchen print and sent it to me. More often than I am proud to admit, this particular song verse is circulating in my  head. Although, I doubt it is in the way the original rapper intended! ;-)

3.Drei: Dress Up

Monday night, Shelby Dog played dress up with me. We put on matching scarves. Shelby Dog actually has a black fur lined winter jacket but she hates wearing it! She was a little bit more tolerable of the scarf. 
Santa Shelby Claus

She puts up with a lot of craziness around this house but she loves us. Just don't ever mention her Shelby Claus suit... that gave her nightmares for a week. 

4.Vier: Alaska The Last Frontier
kilcher frontier | Alaska The Last Frontier Kilchers Women

This is a bit embarrassing to admit... but Husband and I are huge Alaska the Last Frontier fans. Lately, I have become obsessed with the idea of moving to Alaska. Maybe it's because we live so close to the German Alps but I am in love with the snowy mountain views. I think the obsession is a combination of Husband's beard, flannel shirts, and my cozy fur lined boots but I'm ready to give up the city for a homestead lifestyle. (Nordstrom's ships right?) Does anyone else watch this show? I think Eve has got to be the coolest girl ever! 
My Flannel Family

5.Funf: Wool Socks

Wednesday night I spent 30 minutes in a department store picking out new wool socks. 30 minutes people!! For socks!!! I am NOT a fast shopper. Starting in November up until March I wear wool socks nearly every day. The thicker and fuzzier on the inside the better! These socks are my latest buy and I am in love with the color blocks. 

Favorite Song of the Moment:
I thought it would be fun to start including songs currently playing on my playlist while I write these Friday Favorite posts. Most of the time I wear my headphones and write while listening to whatever type of music I feel like at the moment. Of course there are a few times that I just can't help but belt out a chorus but Husband strategically keeps the door closed to avoid bleeding ears.  

Vanessa Williams Saved the Best for Last

Are you still enjoying Christmas chocolate?
 We have a whole shelf just full of chocolate... teacher life.

Who wants to go to Alaska?!

Have a Fantastic Weekend,



4 comments:

  1. Stopping by from the link up! :) I must admit the "They See Me Rollin'" pic sucked me right in..hilarious! I am still taking advantage of Peppermint Bark-it's my all time fave! ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Whitney, do you make your own peppermint bark? I'm thinking you can now use Valentine's Day as an excuse to keep enjoying that treat... It's red and white right?

      Delete
  2. I do make my own! :) Perfect excuse for Valentine's Day, you're brilliant!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hadn't heard of Alaska the Last Frontier but now I am intrigued. I've always wanted to visit - and Ben is convinced Alaska is a part of Canada (that's Aussies for ya). This could be a good one to start watching. Hope you had a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments! I enjoy reading each and every one.