Thursday, November 13, 2014

Friday Favorites: Final Fall Moments


I'm so excited to spend another weekend enjoying this beautiful fall! I know it is only a matter of days before all the trees are bare, the sky will turn white, the clouds will hang low, and my breath will linger outside of my mouth for the next few months. Husband has an appointment Monday to get our snow tires put on Flash... so that can only mean winter will be here before we know it!

These are a few of my favorite things from this week!

1. Sweater Sale

"Sweater Sale" Those have got to be my two favorite words when put together on an advertisement. Wednesday night, after I got my first red cup of the season (Honey Almond Latte? Yes, please!) I walked past Vero Moda's storefront window and saw they were having a sweater sale. I picked up two of the same sweaters, in different colors, because at less than 8 Euros a piece...why in the world not?

Thursday was picture day at school so of course I wore my new tortoise shell sweater. I also bought another sweater in a mix of black, red, and white perfect for late season Tech football games! Not bad for less than 8 Euros right?

2. I'm Addicted and I Just Can't Get Enough

I am obsessed with the Mix It! dishes from the British based store, Butlers. After sweater shopping, I picked up a red and an orange coffee cup set to add to our collection. We already have their cobalt blue and green apple coffee cups and saucers. I might as well pick up the yellow and turquoise coffee cups so we can have a complete set for 6. Who's coming over for cake and coffee?

3. All The Leaves Are Falling Down 
Can you see the statue of Juliet standing among all the fallen leaves? I was hoping to enjoy one more weekend of fall colors but it looks like most leaves are now resting on the ground. Do I sound really old right now discussing foliage and fall colors? I just LOVE fall! One thing I have enjoyed while living in Munich is seeing the transformation from fall to winter. We don't really have too much of a transition in Texas. 

4. PreThanksgiving Meal 

November 27th is just too far away. Husband and I could not wait a second longer so Monday night we spent some time preparing a PreThanksgiving meal. Husband made turkey breast with sage and cranberry compote. Then I pushed him out of the way, whipped up a nearly healthy batch of sweet potatoes and baked green bean casserole. After dinner I had to tell Husband that we WERE going to have leftovers the next night. He wasn't allowed to take any leftovers in his lunch. Our PreThanksgiving meal was just too good to not have two nights in a row!

5. Berchtesgaden, Germany 
Last Saturday we spent the day in Berchtesgaden, Germany. It was GORGEOUS seeing all the beautiful colors among the lightly snow dusted mountains.  We had the best time exploring a new town and taking a salt mine tour deep inside a mountain on the outskirts of town. 

6. Take Hubby on a Date!
Like I said yesterday, Husband and I could use your prayers as we are trying to decide what is best for our family. Things have been a bit on edge lately so I decided Husband needed to be treated with a date tonight. I knew he would want to see a certain movie so I made the arrangements and had the confirmation sent to his email. He was quite surprised to see movie tickets pop up in his Inbox! Beforehand, we are eating a traditional German dinner that is totally Husband's pick. (Think meat and potatoes)

So there you have it friends. My week recapped in 6 Friday Favorites! Today I am linking up with Andrea, Narci, and Erika.

I hope you are enjoying this time leading up to Thanksgiving. Are you noticing the transition to winter? Brrr... 
Do you have any great ideas for another date night?

Happy Friday,

1 comment:

  1. Love the pretty dishes! And a dinner and a movie is one of my husband's favorite nights out too. Love how you surprised your husband with that!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments! I enjoy reading each and every one.