Monday, April 20, 2015

What's for Dinner?


Julia Child Quote - great whole food ingredients speak (or taste) for themselves!!
Yesterday, Husband and I had lunch with our Slovakian friends in the Czech Republic at a Thai restaurant. How crazy is that?! 

Over our steaming bowls of Pad Thai noodles we talked about what foods we usually prepare and eat at home. It was in this conversation that I realized just how much Husband and I enjoy eating different foods. 

I prepared our weekly menu using mostly foods we already have on hand for Monday and Tuesday. 


Tonight's meal, Italian Chicken is a one pan meal. I'm combining sauteed onion and garlic with green beans, mushrooms, cherry tomatoes, chicken with sliced mozzarella on top.

Tuesday, I am (or is Husband?) using the rest of the chicken to make Husband's Chicken Salad with low fat yogurt, onion, cranberries, and grapes. The chicken salad will go inside fresh croissants with lettuce leaves.


Wednesday's meal I found on Women's Day and can be found here. This dish is something I have not tried before and I'm looking forward to making something different! I will serve the Galette with a side salad. 
asparagus potato and spinach galette

Researchers say eating fish once a week is beneficial to your health. We try to include fish, mostly salmon, as part of our diet each week. Thursday we will prepare Broiled Salmon with a cucumber and radish salad. The recipe can be found here.

I am most looking forward to Friday's meal, Tex-Mex Stuffed Zucchini. Husband and I do not get NEARLY enough Tex-Mex living in Germany. It is a rare, rare occasion. Sliced avocado will be the perfect side dish for this dish! I was excited to find this recipe on one of my favorite food blogs, Skinny Taste

And...if you are curious, here are my latest grocery store purchases. 

-Low fat Yogurt
-Bio Musli
-Mushrooms
-Mozzarella Ball
-Chicken
-Frozen Pizza
-Sparkling water
-Croissants
-Potato Sticks
-Grapes

Total: 14.77 Euros

What's on your menu this week? Have you made any of the dishes from this week's menu?

Make sure and come back tomorrow when I share "What's in a Name?"


Have a fabulous week,






1 comment:

  1. $14.77 Euros ='s how many $$$? I could google it but right now I can't lol.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments! I enjoy reading each and every one.