Tuesday, January 1, 2013

2012 in Review


Happy New Year!  We had such a good time last night bringing in 2013 with our family and friends.  Husband and I spent our evening at a dinner party hosted by one of our best friends.  Throughout the meal each guest took a turn standing and saying a toast.  Between all the cheers and glasses clinging I thought back to what a year 2012 was to us. It was a wild, in your face, not gonna slow down, can you handle it kind of year.
 
Let's take a look back at 2012:
January- Yeah I can't remember that far back...
Februrary- Celebrated 28 years with my best friends at my favorite French restaurant.
March-cake and catering tasting, invitations, dress fittings, floral decisions, dj interviews, wedding, Wedding, WEDDING planning...........AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!
April- STARR testing and super fun wedding showers!
May- Emotional knowing this was most likely my last year teaching after five wonderful years at a great school.
June- Officially signed the German work contract, GOT MARRIED, honeymooned two weeks in Ireland and Scotland. The calm before the storm....
July- Packed my life into about 100 boxes and sorted them by "Store in Parent's Garage" or "Take to Germany". Then Husband and I moved to Munich, Germany.
August- Ate Italian gelato, walked all over Munich, picked fresh raspberries, created many yarn wreaths and watched Love Actually 5 times.
September- Moved into an empty apartment and slept on an air mattress for a month and a half with just our suitcases.
October- Our crate arrived, new kitchen installed and our Labrador Shelby flew solo to Munich plus...Oktoberfest!!!
November- Participated in my first Christmas Bazaar as a vendor. Broke even and made enough to drink a margarita.
December- Started a new job teaching kindergarten! Came home for Christmas with the family and to ring in the New Year!
May 2013 be a little boring,

1 comment:

  1. It has been a year for you! Getting married and moving to Germany. Two huge things right there!

    I think I'm due for a boring year, too. Here's hoping we both get one!*

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments! I enjoy reading each and every one.