Monday, December 30, 2013

2013 in Review


When I started this blog back in July of 2012 I never thought I would be writing my second "Year in Review" entry here in 2013.  Based on my unsuccessful promises to end my Diet Coke addiction and to do daily stomach crunches, I had little faith in myself to keep up a blog. Even though Mainly Maren sometimes is a bit more inconsistent than I would like, I'm glad to have stuck with writing. Going from 28 blog entries in 2012 to 58 blog entries in 2013 is something I am proud to have accomplished. So to my family, friends, and world wide readers I have to say "Thank You" for sticking with Husband and I this past year.  You may not realize, but as a reader you are a part of our lives.
 
In keeping with a Mainly Maren yearly tradition;
 
Looking Back on 2013:
 
January- We returned to Germany for a full year... 12 Months without Target. 

February- Husband took me on my very first trip to Italy. We celebrated my 29th birthday in Romeo and Juliet's town of Verona.
 
March- We returned to Italy during Easter Week, this time in Venice.
 
April- I discovered TKMaxx in Munich and had a run of the homesick blues.
 
May- Two of my best friends and their Husbands came to visit Munich for four days.
 
June- Husband and I celebrated our 1st year of marriage! We also took a weekend trip to Rothenburg, Germany to welcome Husband's 29th birthday.
 
July- We held our first dinner party, a Mexican Fiesta, to celebrate our 1st Germanniversary of living in Munich for one year.
 
August- Husband and I took a trip to Paris for our wedding anniversary.
 
September- To end the summer, we spent a long weekend in Brussels, Belgium.
 
October- I found Pumpkin Spice Lattes in Munich!
 
November- We were able to cross off Vienna, Austria from our Travel Wish List after a long weekend roadtrip.
 
December- Husband and I flew home to Texas to welcome the birth of our very first niece!
 
2013 was a much welcomed quieter year for Husband and I between a few weekend trips and time spent cuddled up on the couch. 
 
In 2014 I am looking forward to:
-New births and adoptions among close friends
-Launching the new MainlyMaren website (details to come!)
-Starting and finishing my first chapter book
-Trips to Switzerland, Rome or Greece, and London
-Turning the BIG 3-0! 
 
Again, thank you all for your continued support and time spent reading Mainly Maren.  May you have a blessed 2014!

 
Happy New Year,
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your comments! I enjoy reading each and every one.